Questions You Should Ask Your Fencing Contractor
Adding a fence to your home can help increase your property value and the overall look of your property will be greatly improved. There are many reasons why you may get a fence. You may want to have more privacy, an area for your animals to play safely or you may just want a decorative fence for your property. Finding a reputable contractor is important and you will need to ask that contractor several things to make sure that you find the right one.
1. Do I need to place a deposit? This will depend on the fence building company. In some cases, they may require you to make a deposit for materials. This will all depend on the contractor that you hire.
2. Does the company have insurance and licensing? There are many people out there that might claim to work for a fence contractor. You may hire them to do the work and they never show up or they may do a terrible job. Asking the company that you wish to hire if they have insurance as well as licensing is a smart thing to do. You will always want to go with a company that is licensed and insured so that you know that your work will be done as it should be.
3. Will there be extra charges? When you receive an estimate from a fencing company, an estimate is what you will get, and you may have to pay some extra charges due to various reasons. To make sure that you get an accurate quote, ask for a full quote from the company and not just an estimation. This will allow you to be able to budget and know what you are paying up front.
4. Is there a warranty? A good fence installation company, like Frisco Fence Company, will offer a warranty on your fence installation. This will show you that the materials they have used are good and that they stand behind their labor.
5. How long will it take? This will all depend on how large your fence is and where your fence will be going. You will need to speak at length to your fence contractor and get an estimate of the time of completion. Keep in mind that weather will also make a difference in time as well.
6. Screws or nails? This is not a common question you might see, but it is an important one. If the contractor uses nails, your fence may have issues in a small amount of time. Screws are the best choice for installing a fence and most companies will use outdoor screws that will stand up to the weather and that are approved for the type of materials used in fence building.
Adding a fence to your property can give you a unique look and give you a spot for your animals, kids, and family to play in. It can also add a selling point to your home if you ever decide to sell. Consider adding a fence to your property today.